Overview of the Organization
Who We Are
To be Parliament’s preferred and trusted source of information and knowledge.
The Library of Parliament contributes to Canadian parliamentary democracy by creating, managing and delivering authoritative, reliable and relevant information and knowledge for Parliament.
An informed and accessible Parliament
- Individual parliamentarians and their staff
- Parliamentary committees and associations
- Organizations that support Parliament
- The Canadian public, on behalf of parliamentarians
- Provide customized research and analysis to parliamentarians and their staff
- Keep parliamentarians informed and up to date, and deliver news on demand
- Support legislators and committees with the information they need to examine the issues of the day, consider legislation, and hold the government accountable
- Preserve Parliament's documentary heritage and ensure access to collections
- Help parliamentarians inform Canadians about Parliament and the issues before it